Slow cooker Beef
Roast beef that cuts into tender slices. Great for dinner or even on a sandwich!
Prep time about 10 minutes
Cook time 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves about 6
4-5 pounds grass fed chuck roast or Eye round
2 teaspoons himalayan salt
½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
1 teaspoon organic garlic powder or fresh organic garlic minced (more or less to your liking)
1 teaspoon organic onion powder or fresh organic onion minced (more or less to your liking)
1 tablespoon avocado oil (or any oil you like )
½ cup organic beef stock
- Rub the roast with salt, pepper, garlic and onion.
- Heat your oil, and sear all sides of roast for 3 to 4 minutes
- Place the beef and the drippings along with the beef stock into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 90 minutes.
- Using a standard meat thermometer or a slow cooker probe, cook to 135 degrees for medium rare or 140 for medium. (did you know this little hole was for a thermometer? I had no idea until recently)
Let sit for 10 minutes on a cutting board before slicing. Slice thin.
Recipe is gluten and diary free.
Wife House Mom owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for any reproduction anywhere without prior written authorization. If you like what has been posted, please feel free to share the post and link directly to this site. This post may contain affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.